Time and Motion

    For this last blog of the term, I wanted to create a piece of work that relates to me very closely yet still expresses the theme of the week.


    As a musician, I decided to draw music as a part of my life; how it flourishes, expands, and surrounds me and everything I do. I tried to express an image where the music is breaking out of its normal design. I feel like it is an example of "literal motion" (215) as the image is meant to show movement and nothing is truly "implied" here. There's even movement in the hair of the girl in the top left corner as it is drawn in a swaying motion. What's interesting to think about is that, typically its the sound of the music that demonstrates motion, yet this image and sheet music in general provides the feeling of motion and its not just frozen in time.

Comments

Popular Posts