Listen and Destress for Finals

    Right away I want to say how much I truly enjoyed this class. I love expressing myself artistically and to be able to do so in multiple ways has been such fun for me. Not only was I able to learn different art themes, but I was able to express them in a way related to my own styles and tastes in art. I never realized just how much I could learn about my own art. I look at my old sketches now and see different expressions and ideas I never had before. They help me both critique and love my works even more.
    Following the last weekly blogpost of the term, I wanted to continue expressing my work in music. This entire term, I rarely saw any blogs music-related so I think it's a nice refreshing style of art to express myself. Being really stressed during this finals time, I decided to write a short and lighthearted piece for you all to enjoy!





    I really enjoyed writing this piece as it was relaxing to do after a long week of finals. If you all enjoyed listening to this piece, I'll tell you why. You see, I wrote this piece under one rule: it must be written in the style of Pop music. This could mean the use of repetitive chords, repetitive phrases, catchy rhythms, catchy tunes, etc. I used this quote; "Rules create a framework for design without determining the end results"(249), as a good idea for how to write this piece. I realized that the majority of people today recognize and understand Pop music so well. This includes Pop music spanning back to the mid 1900s because they used similar rules as Pop music today.
    Overall, I hope you all enjoy! To me, this is such a fun and catchy piece to listen to and it represents myself as a composer and musician, but most importantly, an artist.

Comments

Popular Posts