Gestalt Principles...?

    I admit, this subject was a very difficult one for me to understand, so unlike the other posts I have done, this artwork was created mainly for this post alone. That being said, I still wanted to try creating artwork in relation to what I've been currently working on so I kept this piece as a sketch similar to the story I've been drawing.

    While trying to understand what gestalt principles were, the quote that stood out to me the most was "exploiting the brain’s capacity to find and create order, designers construct simple, direct logos, layouts, and interfaces". To me, I feel like this image relates to "closure" and made me think about the idea of filling in the blanks. We can clearly see certain lines and shapes that make out a female body with long wavy hair. Despite how we may not see the entire outline of the body, nor do we see her face, our minds can trace over the missing lines and finish the drawing. I also like how this sketch can also challenge the mind with the question as to why we can't see her whole body. Are there things in front of her and what are they?

Comments

Popular Posts